Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: mac trojan in-the-wild

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 13:18:22 -0600

--On Monday, November 05, 2007 14:54:52 -0400 Dude VanWinkle
<dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

On 11/2/07, reepex <reepex () gmail com> wrote:
I guess you never heard of full disk encryption, finger print readers, or
caged machines.

Well, caged machines fall outside of the "dont have physical security"
issue.

Finger Print readers dont have anything to do with Physical Security,
unless they are tied to encryption software

as for the full disk encryption: You got me there. That will protect you

And, of course, the number of people who actually *have* full disk
encryption and are *using* it is somewhere just north of 1 or 2% right now.

A good encasement of concrete will work fairly well, especially if it's
strong enough to withstand a nuclear blast.

But then, we *were* talking about the unsophistcated average Mac user,
whose understanding of this trivia would be close to nil.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst