Full Disclosure mailing list archives

False advertisting and possible click fraud about n3td3v

From: "worried security" <worriedsecurity () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:05:00 +0000

Well everytime I type in "n3td3v" into Google "web" search, a
sponsored link appears at the side claiming "Learn more about
n3td3v here", however when users click on the URL, it goes to
http://security.yahoo.com which in reality has no information about
n3td3v there.

So many problems araise from this.

Firstly, Google is making money out of n3td3v? Yes / No

Secondly, Yahoo is making money out of n3td3v? Yes / No

And thirdly, they are both phishing users into clicking the "Sponsored
Link" scamming to users that if they goto Yahoo's security site that
somehow they can learn about n3td3v, which is a complete lie.

Would all of this not come under "Click fraud"? False advertising that
you get something if you click that you don't get? Yes / No

I don't know how the whole sponsored link thing is supposed to work,
so please someone inform me, or are we likely to see Google / Yahoo
scramble to get the sponsored link removed? Yes / No

How do I find out if its Yahoo who bought the link when "n3td3v" is
typed that Yahoo's security site gets displayed at the side? How do I
find out the people who are making money out of getting people to
visit http://security.yahoo.com in my name?

Surely this is criminal? Yes / No

Will Google / Yahoo now scramble to remove the sponsored link? Yes/ No

Can I take legal action to get the money Yahoo / Google is making out
of me? Yes / No

Is there somewhere I can go to see how many clicks their false
advertisting link is making out of "n3td3v"? Yes / No

Is there someone I can report "Click Fraud" to? Yes / No

A very confused n3td3v who wants answers about this criminal act to
get people to visit Yahoo's security site which is sponsored by
Symantec, so the list of profiters is Google, Yahoo, Symantec all
making money out of me with false advertised click fraud? Yes / No

Please someone shed light on this matter A.S.A.P, the sponsored link
has been there for months but I previously ignored it because I was
flattered by it, but then it dawned on me, big multi nationals could
be raking in the money, while I sit on the bread line which no cash in
my pocket, while these multi nationals could be potentially commiting
an act of crime and making money at the same time out of my name.

n3td3v