Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft device helps police pluck evidencefrom cyberscene of crime

From: "Michael Neal Vasquez" <mnv () alumni princeton edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:16:28 -0700

Can't help but think of the Group Policy that disables
usbstor.sys.(http://www.petri.co.il/disable_usb_disks_with_gpo.htm for
some info)

Surely that driver could be replaced (with some windows file
protection workarounds as well, obviously) that would perhaps prompt
before allowing the device to be mounted?  Require a PW to allow it to
be mounted?

Just a thought.  I'd think something along those lines though, would
disable this tool.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Rob Thompson