Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: what is this?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:02:45 -0500

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 23:44:19 -0300, damncon said:
your comments are so fucking shitty, the articles you write are so
fucking useless (Web Server Botnets and Server Farms as Attack
Platforms), DONT YOU GET FUCKING TIRED OF ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT THE
SAME BLABLABLA BOTNETDDOSRFI SHIT?

One of my co-workers has a rubber stamp that says "I told you about this in 19__",
which is still seeing use.

Quite frankly, many of us in the security industry get *tired* of always
talking about the "same blah blah shit".  It's why I stopped contributing
to the SANS/FBI Top 20 list every year - industry-wide, the *same exact
problems* were still the biggest issues.  But it's very much the lose-lose
proposition - if we keep talking about the *same* issues, we're flamed about
it, and when we try to raise awareness of an actual *new* issue, we're accused
of grandstanding.

Also, you have to remember that in many cases, we need to get the attention
of Corporate Suits - and unless it gets said forty-leven times, they don't
notice.