Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Mambo Cookie Authentication Bypass Exploit

From: "Brian Kim" <bmhkim () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:26:24 -0400

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:05 AM,  <crunkd () hushmail com> wrote:
So to perform this 'bypass' you need the password in the first
place? You absolute fucking morons, the security scene is not for
you. I hope someone stabs you over a food stamp. Faggots.

Although I agree with you in that it looks like the flaw really isn't
one, the raw credentials are still getting sent over the Internet over
HTTP, rather than HTTPS. Given an insecure network (wifi, anybody?),
it shouldn't be difficult to grab the authentication credentials if
you know someone is logging in. Or is logged in.

Bonus points for you if the user has a weak password which can be
looked up in a rainbow table.

--
Brian Kim
bmhkim () gmail com