Full Disclosure mailing list archives

spyware in smplayer_portable.exe found in MPUI.2008-06-16.Full-Package.exe ?

From: "Dr. Mark A. Baiter [Chief Scatological Consultant]" <mbaiter2 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 00:21:58 +0530

hi there lord_mulder,

i wanted to report some spyware like behavior about smplayer_portable.exe

i have just downloaded MPUI.2008-06-16.Full-Package.exe from
http://mulder.dummwiedeutsch.de/home/?page=projects#mplayer
and installed it completely - codecs + mplayer + smplayer

on running smplayer_portable.exe it tries to connect to the internet
in this host rautemusik.g24m.net without me opening any file like
internet radio station or anything else

is this behavior normal ? if yes then please tell me what data is
rautemusik.g24m.net gathering from my computer ?
please investigate this - perhaps the smplayer_portable.exe that you
got is infected with some kind of spyware
can you please tell me where did you get your version of
smplayer_portable.exe that you included in
MPUI.2008-06-16.Full-Package.exe  ?