Full Disclosure mailing list archives

What's going on about Pangolin

From: <zwell () sohu com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 04:20:53 +0800 (CST)

I've just read the discussion from here, seriously, I don't know what's going on.<p>I've coded it since 2005 and never
release it until this year. And I really do not know why it be treated as a backdoor.<p><p>If you think it is a
backdoor, so please do a reverse engineering on it. You can capture the network packet, you can list all the strings in
it, even you can hook APIs in it. Do anything you like to make sure whether it's backdoor or not.<p><p>BTW, I packeted
it through UPX to reduce the size. And some people focused on "http://www.nosec.org/web/index.txt";, which is used in
ORACLE injection mode when the target database is in intranet so we can use some store-procs to make the target to
visit our website then we can receive the internet address that is mapped to outside. Anybody who is good at oracle
injection should know this.<p><p>Really, I wanna know why!!!