Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: sans handler gives out n3td3v e-mail to public

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:44:10 -0400

n3td3v wrote:
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:44 AM,  <taneja.security () gmail com> wrote:
I think this the most worst and alarming situation ..where SANS like
organization is doing the way.......... from onwards no body will report
info to SANS........... E+1 t+1 b+1 j+1 it OFF!!!

SANS hasn't admitted a breach occured yet and they've had 7 days to
come up with the wording.

I haven't seen Joel Esler, the guy who breached my privacy back on
duty yet, but i've seen him and Johannes Ullrich talking on the
internet storm center mentioning podcasts
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=4202

Why are they announcing podcasts when both Joel Esler and Johannes
Ullrich have a privacy breach still to publically acknowledge and
apologize for?

Maybe they thought Full-Disclosure mailing list members wouldn't
notice if they pretend the incident didn't take place and tried to
sweep it under the carpet?

Johannes Ullrich, you told me you were investigating Joel Esler
internally, so please tell me the findings, so I can paste them onto
Full-Disclosure.

I fail to see why I should care. I might care if they provided name,
address, phone, parents but that would only be because I could then send
you annoying things in postal mail every time I get another crap email
from you.