Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: AntiAntiSec / Endgame

From: Tamber Krain <james.penketh () googlemail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:37:29 +0100

Cance Consulting wrote:
a. Stop publishing exploits (ook fair enough, but if this stops,they
still get traded privately, leading to a small circle of people
having
control of a large number of internet hosts).

And if this small circle includes anti-sec, then they have a lot less
competition from the rest of the skiddies on the net.

b. Their mantra of "it's all about money" is two sided as I'm sure
they
are compensated in some way for their time and effort in pulling off
this (pretty cool) feat.

I think it is indeed about the money... If you combine the two points
above (this in just my opinion, and I could be vastly wrong, but that's
nothing out of the ordinary. ;] ), then maybe anti-sec wants all those
vulnerable hosts to themselves.
With the lack of competition from the skiddies they could amass quite a
large number of compromised hosts, which they could then rent out to
spammers/etc. like any other botnet.

c. They think that by spreading "fear" exploits and other security
related articles will stop popping up on the internet?! Why? Wouldn't
this activity of theirs only promote further full-disclosure and
awareness of security protocol?

Because, obviously, they've threatened to rm everyone who stands between
them and world domination^W^W^W^W^W^Wpublishes exploits. And, naturally,
because they are so great and powerful, everyone will immediately
comply.

...or just laugh and go about their business as ususal. ;)