Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Rumor] SSH (non)0-day

From: Robert Kim Wireless Internet Advisor <evdo.hsdpa () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:51:20 -0700

You guys on twitter? lemme know what your @ is... im @journik
it'll be wayyyy easier.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Matt<weysec () gmail com> wrote:
Not to incite the riot that always follows this type of comment, but this
attach does not match 0-day requirements. It is only for older versions,
meaning that if you patched your OpenSSH two or three months ago when they
released the patches for a security issue that was not yet in the wild then
you would not have an issue with this supposed 0-day. It is only a 0-day if
you failed to follow patching procedures or were not paying attention to the
original patch several months ago.

Please oh trollers, troll away. But can we please move on to real topics.
You guys are making me miss NetDEV and his useless conversations on this
list.

Sent to you by Matt via Google Reader:

Re: [Rumor] SSH 0-day

via Full Disclosure (fulldisclosure) Mailing List on 7/9/09
Posted by James Matthews on Jul 9

I am worried that if it is an OpenSSH 0day how much damage should I expect.
However SANS doesn't seem to think it's real.

James