Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [funsec] phishing attacks against ISPs (also with Google translations)

From: T Biehn <tbiehn () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 00:10:03 -0400

PIKACHU GO!

2009/3/27 T Biehn <tbiehn () gmail com>:
Ruben,
Lets try to stay on topic here, the status of my job full time troll
or otherwise is of little consequence...

Let me bring you up to speed: Gadi is trying to establish a link of
causality between Google enabling machine translation and an increase
in 'ruinous activity' in that language. Furthermore he aspires to make
this link of causality 'useful' in some way.
Valdis has brought up a rather dubious suggestion that it might be
worthwhile to use linguistic profiling on the text, should it be
reversible (and it's my guess that machine-translations loose too much
information...) in order to, presumably, run some sort of surveillance
scheme.
I mean, Ruben, the humor is there just to spice the post!
I could simply just cut and dry deride their ideas and comments but
that wouldn't be too kind, would it?

Best wishes, my undying love and admiration,

-Travis