Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Impersonation attempt of MI7

From: full-disclosure () Safe-mail net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 06:08:28 -0500

Under U.K and U.S law its illegal to impersonate an intelligence agency (MI7) and / or intelligence officer.

Looks like jdl at mac.hush.com has got himself into a bit of a mess while trying to mock-n3td3v.

I don't think the authorities care about you mocking "n3td3v" but when you signed your mock emails with his actual real
life name and put "MI7" along with it you have entered into a grey area.

Formally you could be charged under U.K law with your emails, I doubt anyone is going to pursue the matter though but
its worth noting you have actually broken the law.

It's likely you didn't realise MI7 was an actual intelligence agency but thats the risk you took in your mock-n3td3v
emails.