Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Is Digital Due Process legit?

From: n3ptun3 () london com
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 19:08:42 -0400

 From facebook police, jack bauering on your facebook, to NSL's, to the general laughable state of privacy laws in the
United States, there's no mistaking we need more safeguards against the guardian's of the status quo going to town on
all of our private stuff with no proof.

www.digitaldueprocess.org

It's a partnership from public advocacy groups like EFF, ACLU, (notice I don't see epic in there), and surprisingly,
Google, Microsoft, and basically these datamining businesses known for handing out your data like its a passing
triviality.

Is this whole thing legit? Or are they going to end up giving us a bill that just privatizes and deregulates shit for
Google to run amok and just wholesale all of their wares in a huge datamart-type app?

This shit reeks of a corporate lobbying front meant to screw our rights and let the private infobrokers get
monopolozied and put in the front seat.