Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Freenode's ACTUAL policy on your project

From: Caleb Katz <c2.katz () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:37:04 -0500

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 04:17:15 -0400
Andrew D Kirch <trelane () trelane net> wrote:
It seems that Freenode's policy regarding projects that they host is
that THEY control who you identify as members of your project.  Also if
you ask them to cloak someone they don't want to cloak, you will be
silenced, as seen below.  Incidentally "kloeri" is a volunteer for the
Exherbo project referenced below.  Note the timestamps, and the delay
before I was pointlessly silenced.

==> FreeNode-#freenode.log <==

Jun 25 03:33:17 <Prodego>    I'm sure there is a good reason trelane
Jun 25 03:35:24 <trelane>    Prodego, a good reason is insufficient in
this case as what's been said here is that freenode reserves the right
to meddle in my project, this is somewhat concerning, and clarification
of such a statement should be immediately forthcoming

Jun 25 03:37:26 <trelane>    I'd think Gentoo Foundation would have more
concerns
Jun 25 03:39:24 *    kloeri sets mode +q #freenode trelane!*@*

Timestamps noted. You took two minutes to reply to Prodego as well. I
don't think "pointless" is the right descriptor. They were tired of
arguing.

Caleb