Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Voting for bans

From: Clement Gamé <clement () digi-nation com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:50:20 +0100

Yep, with a large amount of that being from narcissists that just
*have* to get their jokes or jibes in and can't either ignore him or,
better yet, just hit delete.

He is struggling for reactions on his topics, and he will always get some
reactions (Yes, even if I don't respond). The noise in the last days was
terrible.

Yes it has been. Again, though, it's been mostly from folks that want
to get in their snide comments or make themselves look good with their
jabs and pokes; the signal level would again go up if they'd let it
rest and just hit delete.

Yes, we all want to shine in society and be loved and venerated among
our peers..in short we're constantly seeking for approval.
This is how the world works and you know what ? you're not an exception
dude !

We have the freedom to ban him from your inboxes. Let's do it!

Like I said, kill-file. It really does work.

Seriously, Jan, I do understand where you're coming from but banning
account after account does no good in a world of unlimited email
accounts. What *does* work is to let someone post at will and simply
ignoring what you don't want to reply to. The problem isn't that we
have one person that posts a ton of crud, it's that we have one person
that posts and fifty that insist on commenting about how it's crud -
and then continue to harp about how that single poster needs to go
away when he replies to each of them.

kmw

--
Clément Gamé