Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Windows' future (reprise)

From: "lsi" <stuart () cyberdelix net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 21:14:27 +0100

An interesting point - Unicode?

I don't think 5Mb files are infeasible, especially as time passes,
that'll be just a blip before long.

Stu

Date sent:      Sat, 15 May 2010 14:59:46 +0100
Subject:        Re: [Full-disclosure] Windows' future (reprise)
From:   Christian Sciberras <uuf6429 () gmail com>
To:     stuart () cyberdelix net

In a nutshell, I disagree. For one thing, that much variants would exhaust
the number of combinations per malware, unless we are talking about malware
in excess of 5 Mb.
I'm not disagreeing with the prediction of an increase, nor for a
possibility of a grim future for windows. I'm just saying that at those
numbers, there is more probability of a (very) wrong predication.

Cheers.