Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Nmap NOT VULNERABLE to Windows DLL Hijacking Vulnerability

From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:15:18 +0000

I'm not sure that I (or other developers for that matter) appreciate being likened to a child with the associated
innuendo of naiveté and ignorance.  Nor do I think you are qualified to make the assumption that MSFT is acting as my
"parent" and that API calls are "grenades."  It's a documented API and is accompanied with clear security warnings.

If you wish to engage in hyperbole, why not email God and ask him why Deadly Nightshade didn't come with warnings
pre-printed on the leaves and why poison oak didn't grow with a "don't wipe your butt with this while camping"
disclaimer?

APIs are APIs.  Pomegranates are Pomegranates.   It's people with mindsets like yours that turn "grenates" into
grenades.