Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Apache Killer

From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif () iki fi>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:02:39 +0300

24.8.2011 11:03, Davide Guerri kirjoitti:
While waiting for an official patch, how about the following workaround?

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(HEAD|GET) [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Range} ([0-9]*-[0-9]*)(\s*,\s*[0-9]*-[0-9]*)+
RewriteRule .* - [F]

The workaround uses modrewrite to forbid get|head requests with multiple ranges in the Range HTTP header.
The second regex could be improved but it works for the exploit released so far...

Cheers,
 Davide.

Did not help here. Debian Squeeze with its Apache.