Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: one of my servers has been compromized

From: Gage Bystrom <themadichib0d () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 15:14:29 -0800

Maybe I'm misreading what you said, and if so please correct me, but
whether or not the changes described were applied in the first place or not
wouldn't change the issue that if you needed root unneutered again you
would need to bring down the system. Especially if the change doesn't
really solve anything in the first place and assuming that the change can't
be reversed by root itself;that would defeat the whole purpose of even
using that option in a security context.