Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sunny WebBox Default Password

From: "Larry W. Cashdollar" <larry0 () me com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 00:13:59 +0000 (GMT)

I like in the description of the product, "The Sunny WebBox is a multi-functional, energy-efficient data logger which offers
a wealth of options for displaying, archiving and processing data, even in networks with strict security regulations."

       ^------- Neat.
-- Larry C$

On Dec 23, 2011, at 12:55 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Hacxx Under <hacxx20 () gmail com> wrote:
> Sunny Web Box is a device that has a web interface and it's used as a
> reader for solar energy microproducers.
>
> The default password is "SMA"
>
> The devices can be founfd using intitle: "Sunny WebBox"
> -------
> Hacked Boxes
>
> http://mariorodrigues.dynip.sapo.pt
> http://gisolar.cannondesign.com
> http://pvpichler.dyndns.org:509
> http://217.113.37.189:80
> http://zodiac.hostein.org:8081
> http://79.1742.145.114
> http://67.78.27.35
> http://217.133.100.238:8082
> http://news.hartwellps.vic.edu.au
> http://energiasolar.ues.edu.sv
> http://solar.amy.gr
> http://xserver.clio.it
They also use MD5 in a JSON request over HTTP. Not surprisingly:

$ echo SMA | md5sum
8872966064a33f7520d11c0fffe7e517

[Google for 8872966064a33f7520d11c0fffe7e517]

http://hash.phelix.lv/md5/371bd54577d68567ed50af283052e0d1/SMA.htm

It looks like this has been known for some time.