Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: High performance exception/traceback reporting system

From: Daniël W. Crompton <daniel.crompton () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:11:10 +0100

On 14 February 2011 09:04, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
cal.leeming () simplicitymedialtd co uk> wrote:
<...snipped for brevity...>

I'd never heard of SIEM before, after looking on wikipedia I came across
"NitroSecurity" SIEM which sure does look interesting. I'm gonna have a
flick through some of these sites for some inspiration, this may end up
turning in quite a big project!

In the past I've worked with a number of Security Incident and Event
Management[1] (SIEM) products, although I can attest to the functionality
NitroSecurity I assume it is quite similar. One of the primary faults I've
experienced was that they lacked the ability to extract useful information
from stacktraces as they have the potential to be more dynamic than the
usual messages they deal with, which are usually oneline with predictable
field values.

D.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIEM

blaze your trail

--
Daniël W. Crompton <daniel.crompton () gmail com>

<http://specialbrands.net/>

<http://specialbrands.net/>
http://specialbrands.net/
<http://twitter.com/webhat>