Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [AntiSnatchOr] Drupal <= 6.20 insecure Captcha defaults PoC

From: Michele Orru <antisnatchor () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:57:03 +0100

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Eyeballing Weev
<eyeballing.weev () gmail com> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:54 PM, MustLive <mustlive () websecurity com ua>
wrote:

Hello Michele!

Few days ago I saw your advisory about Drupal's captcha. It's interesting
advisory, but I have one note concerning it - your research is very close
mine ;-) (it concerns similar holes which I found before you).

Quit being sexist. Is this because of a woman disclosed this?
What the hell :)
I'm a man mate.

Michele is like Michael.

antisnatchor

Second, in your PoC (bruteforce exploit for Drupal) you're talking about
Brute Force hole. But in title you said about insecure Captcha (which is
Insufficient Anti-automation). These are different classes of
vulnerabilities, like in WASC TC - Brute Force (WASC-11) and Insufficient
Anti-automation (WASC-21). So your title is not fully correct.

Again, more sexism by you.

All these holes in Drupal (from my 4 advisories concerning Drupal) will be
disclosed soon. It was planned for February, so at this week I begun
disclosing these holes.

So, Michele, good luck in your security researches.

Good luck to anyone reading your Engrish ridden "advisories"