Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Getting Off the Patch

From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 21:01:15 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Zach C [mailto:fxchip () gmail com]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 12:31 PM
To: Thor (Hammer of God)
Cc: lists () isecom org; Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu; phocean; full-
disclosure () lists grok org uk
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Getting Off the Patch

Just on top of this, I would like to ask a question of Pete in the form of an
example.
Just on top of this, I would like to ask a question of Pete in the form of an
example.

Excellent example.  I'd like to also throw one in that has network connectivity consequences.   Regarding SQL Slammer -
what would have given 100% protection from Slammer.  Outside of the obvious ones like firewalls and such which are
already deployed.  That's a "real life" example, and I'm interesting in what controls would have already been in place.