Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [VIDEO] Keylogger, RecordMic and Shell

From: Steve Pinkham <steve.pinkham () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 23:27:25 -0500

On 01/25/2011 10:06 PM, runlvl wrote:
From our download section: http://www.insecurityresearch.com/?page_id=926

make a donation of minimum: $20 ( US Dollars )

This helps us to maintain Insect Pro and the whole site!

Steve,

Im sorry, we cant afford the proyect ( ftp bandwich and http server ),
luckily a lot of people are trusting on us, so we can continue with this
tool. Thumbs up! :-)

Juan Sacco

I repeat: If I'm just paying for download access, can I pay $20,
download it, then host if for others to download for free.  If not, it's
paying for licensing, not download bandwidth.  Also, I repeat, YOUR OWN
SITE says you are paying for a license, not download access.

Quote from the page we both linked to:
After you make the donation please write us an email to
donate () insecurityresearch com with your full name and we will send
you the user and password for your new license.

Put up or shut up time: I will pay to host the download on my own server
for the next 6 months if the product license allows it(and it legal for
me to do so as not infringing copyright, etc), or you need to stop
claiming it is free.

So, can I redistribute it for free, or are you a liar?