Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Dell iDRAC6

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 21:59:32 -0400

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM, phil <jabea () jabea net> wrote:
Is it only me, but the iDRAC6 from Dell is kinda insecure. The default
username and password is always root / calvin. (I configured a lot of Dell
server from like  R610 to NX3000 and they all share that default password)
I have found Dell to be very insecure - from their BIOS to their
applications. I've tried to report a number of issues over the years
and all have been ignored. For example, emails to
{secure|security}@dell.com are received but ignored; and calls to
their tech support (overseas call centers) to report a vulnerability
get you transferred into the bit bucket.

I no longer purchase anything Dell. It does not matter if its personal
computers to business servers.

Jeff