Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK

From: Shidash <shidash () shidash com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:23:43 -0400

Would it be to openly prove their identity if it was widely in doubt? Also,
the legitimate owner could set up something to post it when they die which
would make some sense.

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 2:51 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:58:19 +0530, satyam pujari said:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=-----BEGIN+PGP+PRIVATE+KEY+BLOCK-----#q=BEGIN+PGP+PRIVATE+KEY+BLOCK+filetype%3Aasc&hl=en

118 hits I see.  Most of whom probably Didn't Get The Memo.

However, for bonus points, can you think of a plausible scenario(*) where
posting
the private key actually makes sense?  (Hint - what are the crypto
implications
of doing this as opposed to posting a revocation cert?)

(*) Besides the obvious "proof I pwned the owner of this key, hard" - I
mean
cases where the legit owner intentionally does it for a reason.

--
~Shidash
A person shielded by a true, benevolent passion is invincible!