Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Strange Lenovo x121e

From: coderman <coderman () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 18:45:11 -0700

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:05 PM, halfdog <me () halfdog net> wrote:
It seems, that the machine contains at least 13G of windows-OS and
testing software....
What could be interesting: Although I found some tools via google,
e.g. rw-everything, a "hardware configuration reader/dumper", there
are also some tools I do not know, that might deal about branding or
special hardware initialization, e.g.

./WWAN/Leadcore/BAK/IMEI.TXT
./WWAN/Leadcore/IMEI.TXT

with different IMEI in it. Perhaps the disk contains some new tools
that allow to reset broken hardware/firmware internals to any state
you like, e.g. perhaps the imei of your modem.

these kinds of tools do exist, and are exceptionally useful.

often highly proprietary (containing magic signing keys or firmwares
for testing).

what about a full file dump? were you able to reconstruct anything useful?
 i can has? :P