Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Meet the Guy Who Snitched on Occupy Wall Street to the FBI and NYPD

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:32:04 -0500

--On October 17, 2011 9:03:21 AM -0400 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 03:48:46 EDT, Jeffrey Walton said:

Does the Darwin Awards have a category for dumb computer related
decisions?

Hmm.. for computer related ones? Good question.

The Darwin Awards are for those who remove themselves from the gene pool
in *spectacular* ways.  They disallow entrants for reasons of mental
disease or defect-- so failing to reproduce just because you're a troll
living in your parent's basement loses twice - it's commonplace, not
spectacular, and it usually isn't a result of a conscious decision you
made.

OTOH, don't you think someone who qualifies for a Darwin Award has
demonstrated a mental deficiency?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst