Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Apple IOS security issue pre-advisory record

From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:29:28 +0000

Making a conclusion of community behavior, good or bad, based on some indication of a number of clicks on some link is
non sequitur.   I actually don't see any reason why one would be surprised by a "security community" following links
anyway.  I've got a VM specifically used for this type of thing, and I know many others do as well.  Many probably
*want* the link to be malicious so they can analyze and harvest any potential attack and see if it is new or
interesting.   There is no corollary to qualified behavior from some ambiguous report that "300 security researchers
who should have known better."