Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Google Accounts Security Vulnerability

From: Alex Buie <abuie () kwdservices com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 12:27:25 -0400

This reminds me of my bank, where the password can only be 12 characters
long and only alphanumeric, but they compensate with "security questions",
"Web pin" and SMS auth, where I would be perfectly content (and save time)
sec-wise if they would just let me use my normal >24 character password
scheme, and maybe the pin on unfamiliar computers.

Oh, and their mobile app? Only requires my 4 number debit pin and no
username. I'd be much more worried about losing my phone that's preauthed
than someone scanning my brain and discovering the password.