Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Google Accounts Security Vulnerability

From: Jann Horn <jannhorn () googlemail com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 13:39:14 +0200

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 12:04:43PM -0700, Michael J. Gray wrote:
On why I don't want to provide my email address to Google:

It's a different email address which I don't want associated with this email
address for various reasons. That is why I am not going to provide it.

Your assumption that it's a simple piece of information and requires no
effort to give out is correct, but the impact of the association is
unwanted.

Sounds reasonable.

The fact that Google can create a test account and reproduce the issue (as I
have now done several times) tells me that they want the account information
for some other purpose or that they're just being lazy.

So, you now have a test account that doesn't reveal any secrets about you and
which is affected... so you could surely give Google the name of that one?