Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: WP FuneralPress - Stored XSS in Guestbook

From: Henri Salo <henri () nerv fi>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 14:07:27 +0300

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:58:59AM +0100, Peter Westwood wrote:
On 31 Mar 2013, at 08:25, Henri Salo <henri () nerv fi> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:56:05AM +1300, Rob Armstrong wrote:
# WP FuneralPress - stored xss in guestbook
#
# "FuneralPress is an online website obituary management and guest book
program for funeral homes and cemeteries"
# http://wpfuneralpress.com/
#
# tested on: funeralpress version 1.1.6 / wordpress version 3.5.1
#
# impact:
#   malicious script execution as wordpress administrator
#
# author: robarmstrong.te71 () gmail com

Did you report this to the plugin developer? Is this fixed in some version? Does
this have CVE identifier? It's pretty disturbing if someone actually uses
vulnerabilities like these to infect others.

Also, I guess this wasn't reported to the plugin review team at WP.org so I forwarded it to them there - there is a
free version of this plugin available for download there

--
Peter Westwood
Automattic | WordPress.com | WordPress.org

I did that too. Forgot to include it in my email, sorry.

---
Henri Salo