Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: PayPal.com XSS Vulnerability

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 05:26:44 -0700

Heya Robert,

   So there's this pile of law around the world around work and kids; it's
a rather recent development that <18 year olds can find problems that
multibillion dollar interests are willing to pay bounties for.   The laws
are all trying to protect you from being made to pick berries or sew
t-shirts instead of going to class and playing outside.

   Law may be code, but it compiles VERY slowly.

   In general, you can talk to people and things'll work out.  Lawyerspeak
may look daunting, but seriously, send some friendly emails, there's real
people on the other side of those security@ addresses and they can usually
figure out some way around pesky things like birthdays.

--Dan