Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Security is fun(ny) again

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:51:46 -0600

Dozens of hundreds of years ago, I used to seek out the best
of best regarding computer security. I sought them out to
read the material they wrote. This went from BBS text files,
to forums, IRC over to blog posts. Anything these folks may
have made, videos they may uploaded with regards to
security, you name it. I did so because this is how I began
to learn computer security. Initially, I was intimidated by
security folks, but eventually I learned, many are not only
the smartest thinkers, but they're funny, they're cool, and
most of all they're human.

As time went on, I began contacting some of them, asking
them questions, secretly being mentored by their answers,
posts to mailing lists, and so forth. My "digital rolodex"
grew, as did my knowledge. As an individual, I have an
odd-ball sense of humor. Sort of dry, sort of dark. I then
began asking off the cuff questions in an interview format
to these peers. This all began circa 1997... And now its
back to haunt my security peers since I became the most
awesomest, handsomest, and feared thirteen thirty sevener
since Thomas A. Anderson.

Without further rambling, an AntiOffline redux "Top Ten"
where security peers are asked the things that matter...
to me

For the redux launch, I hunted down Charlie Miller who
was likely hacking a car on a highway or something. I
managed to get his attention after a denial of service
mailbomb using a Win98 mailbomber app, till he had no choice
but to answer the questions, or face a million repeat msgs.

"Top Ten with Charlie Miller"
www.infiltrated.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69

--
J. Oquendo

"Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of
real peace" - Dalai Lama

42B0 5A53 6505 6638 44BB  3943 2BF7 D83F 210A 95AF
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2BF7D83F210A95AF