Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [oss-security] libical 0.47 SEGV on unknown address

From: Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith () oracle com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 08:34:37 -0700

On 06/24/16 06:54 AM, Brandon Perry wrote:
I am posting this to Full Disclosure/OSS instead of reporting it because I have
opened a handful of libical bugs in the Mozilla bug tracker, alerted
security () mozilla org <mailto:security () mozilla org>, and worked to show how and
where to reproduce the bugs in Thunderbird, but Mozilla hasn’t shown any care at
all about the bugs. Perhaps if I give a sample to the community of the bugs in
the bug reports, Mozilla will take the bug reports more seriously. This bug
attached had not been reported yet.

Did you report them to libcial upstream?  http://libical.github.io/libical/

My roommate mentioned Thunderbird being a second-class citizen in the Mozilla
world, so if this is the case, this should be made explicit in regards to bug
bounty expectations.

While Thunderbird is still a beloved child of Mozilla, it's been told it's time
to move out of its parents house and find its own sources of income/support:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.governance/kAyVlhfEcXg/Eqyx1X62BQAJ
https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2015/12/thunderbird-active-daily-inquiries-surpass-10-million/

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith () oracle com