Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Digital Ocean ssh key authentication security risk -- password authentication is re-enabled

From: gp () gparent net
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 21:23:08 +0000

Hello,

The last time I contacted them they did not care about this. It's basically a feature. They also used to (or still do) reset SSH host keys and other things.

A suggested workaround if I remember correctly was to set a sticky bit on the files you did not want their bootstrap script to modify. I have no idea if this works or if it makes sense as I worked around the problem another way.

Have you tried reaching support about it? I would expect you might get a different response depending on which tech you end up on.

-gp