Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Research about consistency of CVSSv4

From: Julia Wunder <julia.wunder () fau de>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 11:22:50 +0200

Hello there,

The University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (Germany) is conducting a research study to investigate the reliability of CVSSv4 (Common Vulnerability Scoring System). We conducted a survey on CVSSv3.1 in winter 2020/21 and found out that the ratings are not always consistent [1]. Now we want to investigate the latest version CVSSv4. If you are currently assessing vulnerabilities using CVSS, we would greatly appreciate your participation which contributes to the improvement of vulnerability management.

The survey takes 30 min on average. This is a direct link:

https://user-surveys.cs.fau.de/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=361794

The survey will be running until the beginning of June. It would be great if you could complete it as soon as possible for you. If you are not scoring vulnerabilities using CVSS, but know people who are, we would be very grateful if you helped us and distributed this survey to them.

Thank you!

Julia & colleagues (in CC)

[1] https://www.cs1.tf.fau.de/research/human-factors-in-security-and-privacy-group/consistency-of-cvss/

--