funsec mailing list archives

RE: Rita and panic gas buying

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () well com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:54:29 -0400

 agree completely.  One statement that you made:

"Interestingly, there was a 'panic' egged on by media hype, and that
caused many to rush the gas stations.."

 Is absolutely true!  The media is the enemy when it comes to things
like this.  Due to the media hype on "gas up tonight everyone and avoid
the high
[...snip...]

  If you read this and work for a media outlet, please don't be
offended in any way, I do not mean to offend anyone in any way and
sorry if I did.

Why not?  I would have meant for them to examine their practices and
change - for the better.  Less hype, less 'entertainment' and more
plain reporting.

I would have hoped that it DID offend.  Then maybe they would wake up
and change.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin