funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sears Wins 2005 "Not My Job" Award

From: Anthony Rodgers <Anthony_Rodgers () dnv org>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:30:36 -0800

Funny you should mention it - when I worked in Dell technical support, the number of calls we took for broken washers and dryers had to be seen to be believed......

On Dec 21, 2005, at 7:28 AM, <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:15:51 GMT, Drsolly said:
> It's your own fault. People who aren't competent at installing, upgrading
> and maintaining washers and dryers shouldn't be allowed to own them
> or connect them to the public electricity, water and drainage system.
>
> You can't drive a car on the public highway without taking a test - they
> should introduce a similar scheme for washers and dryers.

Can we pass a similar rule for computers? Please? Pretty please, with
sugar on it? ;)
Fun and Misc security discussion for OT posts.
Note: funsec is a public and open mailing list.