funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Getyour computer viruses here!]

From: val smith <mvalsmith () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:18:57 -0700

So how would one scientifically measure the impact? Maybe watch
incidents.org for rises in reports after I post something? Other ideas?
Maybe try to correlate malware spewing IP's with downloads?

An automated vetting system is somewhat interesting. I wonder however if it
can't be defeated easitly. Id like to hear more on this. What happens to
people like many of my contributers who aren't affiliated with any kind of
organization, and yet willing to contribute postive work? Do they just have
to go back underground again? Or how does that work? How do I reach the
widest possible audience, and inspire new people to contribute without
allowing "blackhats" to access it?

Ps. Drsolly,

No. All I need to do, is tell you my views and tell you the downsides.
There's absolutely no point in me repeating that.

definilty no need to repeat yourself, I think you've done it enough already
:)

Anything new you have to say however is read with interest.

V.