funsec mailing list archives

Re: Get your computer viruses here!

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:30:41 -0800

Drsolly wrote:
Think more widely. People who aren't involved in computer security, will look at this site and say "Hey, these people who pretend to be helping us, are actually letting anyone who wants to, download this malicious software do do whatever they want with it."

You needn't care about the reputation of the AV companies. But you should care about the reputation of computer security people, if you consider yourself to be one of them.

But that's what I mean... we've been there with the exploit & vulnerability details posting thing. Posting that dangerous stuff has served us well and built many companies.

                                        BB