funsec mailing list archives

RE: lalala [was: Re: so, is I[dp]S a STUPID technology?]

From: "Kyle Quest" <Kyle.Quest () networkengines com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:31:25 -0400

Aviram happens to be cool, so..

But! Hey, Dave Aitel just said "Nematodes" are cool, soo...

Even the smartest (and the coolest) person in the world can be wrong
and can have silly ideas or opinions. Nobody's perfect :-)

Paul Schmehl said it perfectly... "*No* technology can solve
*every* problem". That also applies not only to technology,
but to any kind of solution that deals with any kind of problem.

Friends quote time:
(from memory)
"Did you know Condoms are only effective 97% of the time?!"

Exactly my point :-) Does this mean that they are useless? Should we just
stop using condoms just because they don't provide perfect protection :-)