funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sony DRM CDs infect Macs, too

From: Steven Champeon <schampeo () hesketh com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:36:57 -0500

on Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 01:21:24PM -0800, Blue Boar wrote:
Simon sez, "On Macintouch today, Darren Dittrich reports that Sony's DRM
software targets Macs too. Digging into the "enhanced" content on the
disk, he found a Start.app that, when run, shows a license agreement, then
asks you for an admin password. On entering this, it installs two kernel
extensions, PhoenixNub1.kext and PhoenixNub12.kext."

That'll show all you smug Mac bastards!

Heh. The day I'm asked to grant a frigging *music CD* root privs on my
iBook is the day I go restring my damn guitar and play my own music
instead... :)

--
antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/