funsec mailing list archives

F-Secure: One more Bot trying to hide under Sony DRM

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:59:25 GMT

I hate to say "I told you so" but I knew that the flaws
in the previous malware efforts would be quickly corrected
and re-seeded in the wild.

Katrin writes over on the F-Secure "News from the Lab" Blog:

[snip]

Soon after the first Bot using Sony rootkit technology was found another one appeared - Breplibot.C.

This new variant fixes some bugs found in the previous Breplibot.B variant. It uses file '$sys$xp.exe' instead of
'$sys$drv.exe' when copy to Windows System folder.

[snip]

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/#00000701

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net