funsec mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Issues 3 Critical Vulnerability Advisories

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:08:04 -0000

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:19:31 -0000, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
Not picking on Cisco, but these are pretty important, especially the
ones w.r.t. VoIP infrastructure:

These are going to be fun to fix - Cisco's attitude about the CCM is that it's a Black Box and that nobody should dick around with it (even though there are potential weaknesses) and have fought me everyway when I ask them to alter something (e.g. about their instance of SQL Server)...

Even for *critical* Windows patches Cisco want you to wait the extra 2 weeks it takes them to test the patching...

The phone world really seems to be a "vendors control everything" market...

dave