funsec mailing list archives

RE: join the spam poison community?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 19:06:12 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Larry Seltzer wrote:

http://spampoison.com/

Reminds me of an idea I had the other day when a vendor talked to me about
the "crimeware" market, i.e. the market for botnets, malware, exploits, etc.
I suggested that someone should flood the market with ads for fake botnets,
fake exploits, etc. Who cares if the buyers get ripped off and it might

That's fraud, and you can get put in prison for it.

diminish confidence in the market for such things.

I doubt if they have much confidence anyway. When you're buying from a
criminal, how much confidence can you have?