funsec mailing list archives

Re: Defcon

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:20:31 -0800

Jeff Rosowski wrote:
Yea, their contract ran out. Looks like Defcon will be going back to getting kicked out of every place it's held again like it was prior to the Alexis.

Jeff says that the Alexis was very happy to have them. They sold more booze that weekend than the rest of the year. ;) They also got reimbursed for some damanges, which amounted to Defcon paying for their annual renovations. They also sold out 100% for that weekend, and I can't imagine they would any other day of the year.

So if Jeff had an option to go with another hotel, I imagine that he picked one that wouldn't gouge him as much, and that would give him a better cut.

If he's nothing else, Jeff is a smart businessman.

                                                BB

(Oh.. I'm reply to a "Jeff", I mean Jeff Moss above.. aka Dark Tangent.)