funsec mailing list archives

RE: When will Microsoft kill WMF support in IE?

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:33:08 -0500

Isn't it about time for Microsoft to disable support for WMF files in
Internet Explorer?  This is the 4th security flaw found in WMF files in the
last year.........

This is a pretty obscure bug here. According to MS the extent of the
vulnerable platforms are:

Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 4 on Microsoft Windows 2000 Service
Pack 4
Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2 on Microsoft Windows Millennium.

I guess some people will get hit by this, but I bet it's a really small
number

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/