funsec mailing list archives

Re: XP Problem: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for February, 2006

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:49:02 -0500

On 2/14/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
MS06-008
Vulnerability in Web Client Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution (911927)
A vulnerability exists in the Windows Web Client Service that could allow an attacker to
take complete control of an affected system. An attacker must have valid logon credentials
and be able to log on locally to exploit this vulnerability.

I have always wondered about this one, does anonymous count as "valid
logon credentials"? Either way, this service was disabled on my
standard image years ago with no ill effects for my environment.

-JP