funsec mailing list archives

RE: Has World Oil Production Passed Its Peak?

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:57:51 -0500

Fun Fact: What Country does America get most of its Oil from:

Actually, the answer is E. United States, but your point is well-taken.

This report is really old news, even in its current form. I've been hearing
this stuff from my brother-in-law for at least two years. Similar reports
have been coming out regularly for at least 50 years. I know, I know, "this
time it's different." I specifically remember in college (25 years ago) a
professor insisting that supply was all downhill and that the crisis we were
in then was child's play compared to the years to come.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blog.ziffdavis.com/seltzer